Sunday, October 23, 2011

Big project revealed

What was taking up all of my time in all of September and most of October?

A new room for the girls. The girls and I struck a deal that I would redecorate their room complete with new quilts and a mural for both of their birthdays. #3's birthday was in September, and #1's is in January.

Here are my results so far:




Two happy girls:


I made both quilts and did the free motion quilting on them. They wanted "matching but different colored" quilts. After looking for over a year, and only finding something that they only mildly liked but was $200 each, I ended up deciding now was as good as a time as any to start my quilt making career. I hope I made Grandma proud.

I also redid the two side tables that I found at a thrift store for a song.

In time for #1's birthday, I hope to complete the rag rug for the center of their rooms, and add in table lamps and embroider the towels for their bathrooms.

After dealing with a chair I was trying to recover (and had all of $10 invest in), I finally decided that I just wasn't going to remember what went where, so I threw the rest of it together stuck it in the library and called it good. Dividing a project up with a birth in the middle just isn't working for my poor brain. I'm glad to have it out of the way.

What have I not accomplished still? The library is still not finished, nor is the pantry, and I am nowhere near where I wanted to be for the craft items to sell. On the bright side, we pulled off a pretty good scarecrow family for the Master Gardeners, the laundry is almost caught up, and I've finally managed to put away all of the items from our annual Sam's trip from 3 weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment