Thursday, January 5, 2012

13 Years

Today our oldest daughter turned 13.

Time goes by way too fast.


I always get very sentimental on her birthday. After all, it was 13 years ago that I became a mother. I remember as the doctor walked out the door, he turned to us and said "Now comes the hard part".

These last 13 years have been both very slow and very quick. She's made me who I am every bit as much as I've made her who she is- because of each other, as well as in spite of each other we've grown into the people we are today. I had no idea 13 years ago that this would be the hardest thing, but also the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I do not regret for one moment "giving up my life" and choosing to be a full time mother. 13 years ago I began this journey with this child.

I am proud of the young adult that she is becoming, and I look forward to this next faze of our journey together.

Happy Birthday, Ms. Bug.


No comments:

Post a Comment